Monday, March 17, 2014

Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Waterfall Trip


I have been waiting for it to rain so I could go take photographs of the waterfalls at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park.  I got the chance this last weekend.  The waterfalls are on Canyon Trail, I do not mind the hike down but coming back up can be a tough one.  I did fairly well considering I have not been hiking in quite some time.

The waterfalls are running but not as much force as I have seen in the past.  They are beautiful to look at and the sound of the waterfalls is so calming.







New growth is popping up everywhere, new ferns, wildflowers, and mushrooms.  The weather was absolutely beautiful.

Moss covered world

These mushroom were so tiny they were hid under a log. Maybe about inch tall at the most.

These mushrooms everywhere along the trail

My husband was pretty sure this was an owl egg shell.

When you look at these rocks it looks like a bear eating the other rock.  

Another small mushroom

Turret Spider hole.  About 2 feet long about 1/2" diameter.  Someone is waiting for dinner at the bottom.
The park is run now by volunteers since the state cannot fund it.  It is one of the best nature parks around.  They do have plenty of dry camping spots.  Lots of hiking, some very steep and some mild.




I can't believe one boiling hot 4th of July I climbed to the top of this place.







No comments: