Monday, January 21, 2013

Visiting Nature with my Naturalist

As we headed off to bed last night my husband said he wanted to get up early to go look for burrowing owls out along the coast.  "Maybe you would like to go along to take photos", ahhh no, not at 6:00 a.m. on my day off. 

After a terrible night of sleep I was awake at 6:45 a.m. and said I would go with him. 

We headed out to the Jenner Headlands, in search of the burrowing owls.  The view and the weather was beautiful.  My husband Dave is a California Naturalist and is volunteers with many groups.  I get the privelage of heading out with him on some of his hikes. 

We saw lots of hawks (many types), but never can get close enough for good photos.  I hope I get a lens soon for getting in close.  There were many badge holes that the burrowing owl like to burrow into but no owls or badgers.  I just missed a bob cat, darn. 

It was a nice walk and I got my exercise, which I need more of.  Here are some of the photos:

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: