FIGGY PIGGY RECIPE
(Great for a party or a starter item):
- 1 package of bacon (or more depends on your event size) (I prefer nitrate free)
- As many dried figs (whole) as you would like (not dehydrated) (I prefer organic no nitrates)
- Olive oil to coat the pan I think I did about 2 tablespoons for the pan I used (so two swirls around the pan)
- Maple Syrup (my team mates great idea)
Cut your bacon strips in half (not lengthwise that would be crazy)
Take a figs and wrap each one in with a half of a bacon piece. Pierce with a toothpick to hold the roll together.
Then warm your olive oil in a frying pan.
Place the Figgy Piggy's into the oil. Over medium heat is best (you could probably put these in your oven too. I thought broiling on low could be a option but we only had one small burner available).
Cook until the bacon looks done but not crispy. You should turn often as to not burn.
Then plate the Figgy Piggy's and drizzle with maple syrup. We had some various garnishes of herbs/fruit to the edges of our plate for decorations.
Serve hot or light warmish.
Enjoy! Everyone loved them!
* you ask why I choose nitrate free items. Nitrates give some people migraines and I am the lucky one that suffers this plaque.